Monday, April 20, 2015

Noir Cat 1: Trouble in the Night (4/20/15)

Welcome to Noir Week on My Slow Mo Cat! This week, we have one story told in six parts with accompanying Slow Mo Videos, of course.

Part 1: Trouble in the Night

I had just finished my dinner at the Floor Top Diner and was settling in for the night, when I heard someone or something let out a scream. That's not unusual. This city has its fair share of screamers, and my hearing is better than most. It had been a long time since I'd heard someone make a noise like this though. Who ever was in trouble could let one loose like the winds of winter's banshee mother. Part of me wanted to go back home and lie down, but the other part of me knew that wasn't an option.

I'm Emily by the way, Emily D. D stands for Dickinson, but in these parts a name like that will only get you rough stares. I keep to myself mostly, don't need much else. Got a license a couple weeks ago to be a P.I. It's been alright so far. The usual collection of lowlifes and grifters have come through my office. Most just want me to rough someone up for them. I'll do it if the price is right, but I don't like it. I've been itching to make a difference, you know. Find a case where I'm working for something, not just running back and forth dancing to the tune of fortune's calypso strings. Something in that scream let me know this might be my chance. So I headed over the the closest window and looked around.

To be continued...

Full video:


No comments:

Post a Comment